Fig. 1: Asian tiger mosquito (Stegomyia albopicta).
Fig. 2: Mosquito eggs floating on the water surface.
We have the following mosquito species available:
- Aedes aegypti (Yellow Fever Mosquito)
- Stegomyia albopicta (Asian Tiger Mosquito)
- Culex quinquefasciatus (House Mosquito)
- Anopheles gambiae (Malaria Mosquito)
We offer a broad array of test systems complying with national and international standards.
Using human volunteers, we perform the following bioassays:
- Cage tests (EPA test protocol, further developed by the Biogents AG)
- Room tests (this indoor test complies with field testing standards)
- Field tests (according to EPA or ASTM protocols))
For the evaluation of insecticides or fabrics treated with insecticides, the following assays are available:
- Cone test (WHO protocol compliant)
- Knockdown tests complying with the TL 8305 0331 protocol (German Armed Forces)
- Evaporator testing
- Aerosol testing
We can screen attractants with the:
Most of these tests, particularly repellent tests and the evaluation of attractants, are performed by our partner, Biogents AG. Evaluation of evaporators or aerosols are conducted in our own facilities at Insect Services.